Sunday, January 23, 2011

Ponder Before You Post


I am impressed with how easy and quick it is to post something here--if you shoot from the hip. The mechanics of sign on, start typing, and click "publish post" facilitates intemperate comment just as easily as deliberate reflection. It's little wonder the social network services are so popular with the masses.

But this service, like any of the others, takes a lot of effort if you want to make a quality impression. If you are willing to do something out of the box, it isn't hard. Anything else can be painstaking, even for those with some web experience. Initially, I had decided on a format, only to discover that the posting dates were printed in impossibly small type. My wish is for more comprehensive design controls than the ones provided.

Please enjoy the collection of autumn foliage that I am using to decorate the site. I took most of these pictures in October 2009 and 2010.